Josh & Susan Everett
As Christians, we are convinced that “Christ died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.” (2 Cor 5:15). As a result, we want to use our whole lives to serve God, especially in gospel work which lasts into eternity. We decided to do MTS because we saw it as a unique opportunity to try out doing that gospel work full-time, and see if we could possibly keep serving God this way for the rest of our lives.
- God would grow us in humility, prayerfully dependence, and self-discipline.
- God would help us to work well as a married team in ministry.
- God would give us wisdom in what to do next year and beyond as we seek to serve him.
If you’re wondering why I’m doing MTS, it’s because I feel like I can’t do anything else.
That’s not to say I’m incapable (I’m sure pursuing post-graduate chemistry and mathematics would have been thrilling… not) but it’s to say that every person needs to know about Jesus and I’m so keen to spend as much of my time in Word ministry on that mission as possible. I’m so thankful that through MTS I get to do that full time!
By God’s grace and through generous supporters, 100% of my support target has now been given, praise God and thank you. If you would like to financially support the MTS program or another apprentice, please visit the Support Page.
I appreciate your prayer support as I continue to serve in this way.
- That through the highs and lows of ministry I would never lose my love for Jesus, for His people, and for the lost.
- That God would grow my character to be more like Christ.
- That God would save unbelievers and grow disciples through His ministry in me.
As much as I’ve enjoyed working as a physiotherapist for the past four years, in helping people return to physical function and abilities, I desire more for people to return to our loving Father by hearing and responding to the wonderful good news of Jesus. In doing an apprenticeship for the next two years, I am prayerfully hoping to grow in my love for God, have a taste and be trained in ministry full time, and to work out how best to continue serving Jesus for the rest of my life.
- Pray that God will grow me in my love and knowledge of Him
- Pray for growth in my convictions, character and competencies
- Pray that in all ministries, I would prayerfully depend on God, and serve Him joyfully
Jesus says in the gospel of Matthew that “the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few”.
During my one and a half years in graphic design, I saw the need for the gospel among friends and family. Often, I would feel held back from proclaiming the gospel; and so I chose an apprenticeship as the best next step in being trained and freed up for gospel ministry. I want to consider what a life of serving God will look like for the years to come, and this training and vocation allows me to do so.
- Please pray for growth in my Character, Conviction and Competency as I seek to be trained up and used for the sake of proclaiming the gospel.
- Praise and thank God for the joys of serving Him and His people; and please pray that I would proclaim His gospel clearly to all people: believing and unbelieving.
- Please also pray for my daily spiritual and personal habits; for being deep in God’s word and prayer each day, and fostering healthy rest habits too.
Commencing in 2024
Hello! I want to pursue full time ministry to reach more people with the life-changing news of Jesus. The bible says, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23).
I am convinced that knowing Jesus is the best news ever and I want to use my whole life to tell others about it. I am thankful for MTS as it is a great opportunity to give full time gospel work a go and see if I could keep serving God this way for the rest of my life.
- That God would grow my love for Him, for His people and for non-believers.
- That God would build my character and competence as I go through training.
- That God would help me to persevere and keep pointing others to Jesus for His glory.
Although I have loved working as an ecologist for the past 5 years and enjoy the lifestyle that I currently have, I see a greater need in this world for people to hear the gospel and have Jesus as their Lord.
Paul writes in Philippians “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labour for me”. I am committed to live for Christ with what time I have, and I see MTS as a fantastic opportunity to try it in a full-time capacity.
I am also excited at the prospect of being trained and to grow in my knowledge of God, no matter what I do after MTS.
- Pray that God will give me zeal and eagerness to serve him.
- Pray that I will trust and depend on God in all ministries I serve in.
- Pray that God will grow me in love towards Him and His people.
Ben & Anna Robinson
Leaving the world of teaching has been a difficult decision, but one we have made because we long to spend more and more of our time and energy teaching people about the good news of Jesus’ death and resurrection. We have been challenged that ‘those who can teach should teach the gospel’ and are convinced that the gospel is the greatest news we can share.
- Pray that we would grow in our knowledge and love of God.
- Pray that we would depend on God in prayer as we serve across various ministries.
- Pray that God would help us to work well as a married team in ministry.